1. Consumer Rights
This notice describes certain rights of California residents (“Consumers”) under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). For information on how Consumers may contact 3Shape to exercise these rights, please see the section below entitled, “How to Submit a Request.”
Right to Know
A Consumer has the right to request that a business disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses or sells. Specifically, a Consumer may request that a business that collects personal information about the Consumer disclose to the Consumer the following:
- The categories of personal information it has collected about that Consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that Consumer.
Right to Request Deletion
A Consumer has the right to request that a business delete any personal information about the Consumer which the business has collected from the Consumer. If it is necessary for 3Shape to maintain the personal information for certain purposes, 3Shape is not required to comply with your deletion request. If we determine that we will not delete your personal information when you request us to do so, we will inform you and tell you why we are not deleting it.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
A Consumer has the right to direct a business that sells personal information about the Consumer to third parties not to sell the Consumer’s personal information. 3Shape does not sell Consumers’ personal information.
A Consumer has the right not to be discriminated against because the Consumer exercised any of the Consumer’s rights under the CCPA. 3Shape does not discriminate against any Consumer for exercising any of its rights under the CCPA.
2. How to Submit a Request
To exercise the rights described above, you must submit a verifiable Consumer request to us by contacting 3Shape through one of the following methods:
You may submit a request as frequently as you would like, but we are not required to respond to requests to provide personal information to you more than twice in any 12-month period.
To submit a verifiable Consumer request, you will be asked to provide certain information to help us verify your identity. The information we ask you to provide to initiate a request may differ depending upon the type of request, the type, sensitivity and value of the personal information that is the subject of the request, and the risk of harm to you that may occur as a result of unauthorized access or deletion, among other factors. In certain circumstances, we may also require you to provide a written declaration that you are who you say you are.
If we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request, we will not be able to comply with your request. We will inform you if we cannot verify your identity or authority. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable Consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
3. How we collect, use and share personal information of Consumers
3Shape may have collected the following categories of Personal Information about Consumers in the twelve (12) months prior to the effective date of this Policy:
- Device's IP address
- Geographic location (country only)
- User’s behaviour on the website (e.g. number of visits, information about how you access our websites, your domains of origin as well as what content you read and click)
- Contact information (name, e-mail address, phone number, address, etc.)
- Purchase history
- Product serial number and address information in case of repair or replacement
We collect the information listed above from you directly and indirectly from you as follows:
- Information We Collect Directly from You: The type of information that we collect directly from you varies based on your interaction with our website and our products. We collect information directly from you when you register a product, create an account, liaise with us on a customer service issue, and complete forms on the website. We may also collect information that you send us via any medium, including, but not limited to email and telephone. In addition, we may collect information about you from your social media interactions on third party social media properties.
- Passive Information Collection: 3Shape may also collect information automatically when you visit our website or use our products. This information may include website "traffic" data or IP addresses (an IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer in order to use the Internet), or other anonymous data. Information may be collected using technologies such as standard server logs, cookies, pixels, and clear GIFs or Web beacons.
3Shape collects the personal information described above for a variety of business purposes. 3Shape may use the personal information to:
- Optimization and development of the user’s experience on our websites
- Improvement of our products and services
- Creating, administrating and validating accounts
- Providing core functionality of the services
- Providing personalized content and information relevant to your preferences and behaviour
- Collecting information about user’s preferences
- Monitoring and evaluation the sales of 3Shape’s products and services as well as marketing actions
- Control and verify legitimacy and validity of software license
- Track and monitor usage and performance of 3Shape products to identify and design improvements and new features and to activate re-sellers where extraordinary product use is identified
- Record instances of system bugs, instability and crashes for the purpose of documentation, improvements and repairs and customer support
- Registration on training/webinar/event
- Contact with participants both before the training/webinar/event (providing the relevant information about it) and after (e.g. summary, materials, statistics etc.)
- Evaluation of the training/webinar/event (e.g. by sending an evaluation survey)
- Providing information on similar trainings/webinars/events in the near future
- Sometimes, at events and training sessions, we take situational photos (showing the event as such, not individual participants), which we can then present on our website or on social media
- To provide you direct marketing of 3Shape’s products, services, activities, events etc.
- Provide satisfactory customer support and evaluate warranty and replacement cases
- Document and handle the support tickets/cases and track device and product standards according to legal and other standards such as the American FDA's requirements to medical devices
- Improve our quality management system
4. Sale of personal information
3Shape has not sold Personal Information about Consumers in the twelve (12) months prior to the date of this policy.
5. Personal Information of Minors
3Shape’s services are not designed for or directed at children under 16 years of age. It is 3Shape’s policy not to knowingly collect or maintain information about individuals under age 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under 16 years of age without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16 years of age, please contact us at [email protected].