3Shape upgrades its Clear Aligner Studio and Indirect Bonding Studio software
New updates significantly streamline orthodontic treatment workflows
Copenhagen, March 12, 2020 – 3Shape today announced software upgrades for its Clear Aligner Studio and Indirect Bonding Studio orthodontic software solutions. The updates optimize and add new tools to the workflows for the planning, design and production of clear aligners and digital indirect bonding treatments.
3Shape Clear Aligner Studio and 3Shape Indirect Bonding Studio are part of a suite of five unique 3Shape Studio apps that enable professionals to deliver profitable and in-demand treatments, such as clear aligners, digital indirect bonding, as well as same-day dentistry, splints and implants, to their patients.
What’s new in 3Shape Clear Aligner Studio 2019.2
3Shape Clear Aligner Studio software gives practices and labs full control over the design and production workflow and the opportunity to produce clear aligners in-house. The new 3Shape Clear Aligner Studio, version 2019.2, adds innovative features to considerably increase treatment control and efficiency.
3Shape Clear Aligner Studio, version 2019.2, new benefits include:
- Enhanced collision detection – proactive real-time collision detection halts teeth movement when space is already occupied by another tooth
- Occlusion feature – enables professionals to manually arrange the bite based on a quality distance map
- Attachment groups –setup and switch between different groups of attachments for efficiency
- Overlay of malocclusion on ideal setup – enables the viewing of both the malocclusion and the ideal setup of teeth at the same time
What’s new in 3Shape Indirect Bonding Studio 2019.2
3Shape Indirect Bonding Studio enables professionals to plan treatments and place brackets with digital precision. The software’s real-time treatment outcome simulation supports planning and can also be used to engage patients. Once bracket placement is validated digitally in the software, professionals can design and print the indirect bonding tray for the actual bracket bonding.
3Shape Indirect Bonding Studio, version 2019.2, new benefits include:
- Auto-Complete and Quick Preview enables users to pre-select brackets, arch shapes, prescriptions and an on-and-off option for distributing teeth evenly
- Malocclusion versus final setup superimposition view provides a better overview of the treatment, including tooth movement, for the orthodontist and for engaging patients
- Synchronous arch shape adjustment ensures that the upper and lower jaw stay aligned during adjustment
- Easy access to Bolton, tooth width, space analysis tools and bracket prescription tables within the workflow
“3Shape studio apps like Clear Aligner Studio and Indirect Bonding Studio enable professionals to take control and deliver the most in-demand and profitable treatments to their patients. The apps’ step by step workflows make it easy for professionals to delegate planning and production to staff in-house, or seamlessly outsource any steps to design services and labs,” says Allan Hyldal, Senior Vice President 3Shape Orthodontics.
“The new upgrades have really tweaked the respective workflows to include the data that matters most as well as deliver a better, more predictable, and comprehensive overview of the treatment and simpler access to orthodontic analysis tools.”
Both 3Shape Clear Aligner Studio and Indirect Bonding Studio can be purchased as stand-alone 3Shape Studio apps by practices. For labs, the clear aligner and indirect bonding upgrades are included in the 3Shape Ortho System Premium package.