Reward your doctors with unparalleled restorations
3Shape releases new Dental System 2018 software for Dental Laboratories
Copenhagen, June 18, 2018 – 3Shape, a global leader in 3D scanners and dental software solutions, releases Dental System™ 2018 – the newest version of its industry-leading CAD/CAM software for dental laboratories.
3Shape Dental System 2018 introduces new flexibility and functionality to make scanning, design and production workflows more efficient and dependable for dental technicians.
Increased flexibility in 3Shape Dental System 2018 means professionals can now combine any types of scans, as well as save and access designs during any step in the workflow. This makes the design of cases, especially complicated indications, simpler, more efficient and more predictable.
3Shape has worked extensively with consulting dental technicians to strengthen the latest version of its dental laboratory CAD/CAM software. Feedback and best practices from CDTs have helped to significantly increase reliability and performance in the solution.
“Dental System 2018 is a great leap forward. It opens new possibilities and brings us the much-needed freedom to import, export and align scans freely. The solution’s stability has been improved and the workflows are optimized. I love it!” says Przemek Seweryniak, CEO Cosmodent Laboratory, Sweden.
3Shape Dental System 2018 highlights include:
- Design more efficiently with flexible scan handling that enables technicians to combine various types of scans (surface, pre-prep, bite and face scans) and save designs at any step in the workflow
- Create precision contacts with auto snap of the crown to the antagonist or neighboring teeth
- Double the speed of bridge and bar design with automatic creation and positioning of connectors
- Make beautiful smiles in minutes with 3Shape Smile Design by simulating realistic smiles in 2D and linking design to 3D in 3Shape RealView to guide restorative steps
- Produce partial and full dentures more effectively with significantly improved prosthetic workflows
- Deliver Clear Aligner* services with 3Shape driven workflows for either in-house design and production, or through partners
3Shape Dental System 2018 Open Ecosystem
3Shape’s open ecosystem offers an unrivaled range of treatment workflows, integrated libraries, design service partnerships, and interfaces to virtually all manufacturing equipment and materials. From over eighty sleeve and implant libraries, to integrated mills, 3D printers and materials, labs can take advantage of open digital dentistry to expertly serve the needs of their dentists and patients.
“This new 3Shape Dental System version received exceptionally positive feedback from the dental technicians taking part in the beta testing. Higher reliability and solid improvements have made Dental System 2018 a fantastic release! I really look forward to our users across the world benefitting from the new version,” says Rune Fisker, 3Shape vice president of Dental Lab.
*3Shape Clear Aligner workflow pending FDA clearance. For availability of 3Shape products in your country/region, please contact your reseller.