3Shape’s new Splint Designer™ CAD software opens new business opportunities for dental labs
3Shape is offering this attractive tool to Dental System™ Premium subscribers for free.
Copenhagen, January 13, 2014 – 3Shape, the user-acclaimed leading innovation company for 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software solutions, has released a unique CAD software tool to the dental market that enables labs to provide common dental appliances as a new service. The 3Shape Splint Designer™ is offered as an add-on module to 3Shape Dental System™. The new module offers labs a cost-efficient getting-started tool and opens new business opportunities for both dental labs and their dentist-clients.
“3Shape is continuously seeking ways to help labs compete through new service options and Splint Designer™ is a prime example,” says Flemming Thorup, President & CEO at 3Shape. “3Shape’s business model provides customers with valuable system upgrades, and this time, we are giving away a complete add-on module with high business potential to our Dental System™ Premium subscribers as a part of their LABcare™ package.”
3Shape Splint Designer overview:
- CAD design of occlusal splints.
- Occlusal splints can be ordered directly through the Dental System™ Order Form.
- An intuitive workflow guides users through the design steps: open the bite with a virtual articulator, create a shell, add a bar profile on top, combine both parts, and optionally “cut” the design with the antagonist in the included virtual articulators.
- Option to engrave ID tags in the appliance for patient identification or branding of the lab.
- Included free of charge for all 3Shape Dental System™ Premium subscriptions.
The new Splint DesignerTM module is a light version of the Appliance DesignerTM which is 3Shape’s complete CAD toolbox for all types of dental and orthodontic appliances.
The 3Shape Splint Designer™ module is available with Dental System™ 2014 through 3Shape resellers. Availability to end-users is dependent on the specific system configuration. Please contact your local 3Shape supplier, or visit www.3shape.com regarding reseller information.