3Shape launches TRIOS® Color digital impression solution at IDS 2013
On opening day, IDS 2013, 3Shape unveiled its new TRIOS® Color digital impression solution
TRIOS® Color gives dentists a tool for accurate 3D capture and realistic visualization of the complete oral situation. 3Shape now offers both TRIOS® Color and TRIOS® Standard digital impression-taking solutions.
Copenhagen, March 12th, 2013 – At IDS 2013, 3Shape unveiled to the market its new TRIOS® Color digital impression taking solution. 3Shape invited dental-industry journalists to the exciting unveiling event that included a thorough presentation of the new product. The audience witnessed first-hand how TRIOS® Color can scan and capture the intraoral situation in realistic-looking color without compromising 3Shape TRIOS® recognized high standards for scanning speed and accuracy.
Digital impressions in color provide clinical benefits
3Shape’s new RealColor™ Technology in the TRIOS® Color digital impression-taking solution facilitates the creation of scan images in the appearance of real teeth and gingiva. The natural looking colors provide an excellent scanning experience, and make it easy for dentists to distinguish between the different types of restorative materials (metals, enamel, composite, etc.), recognize bleeding areas, see color transitions on teeth, and easily identify margin lines with enhanced detail. In combination with 3Shape’s established TRIOS® Ultrafast Optical Sectioning Technology, TRIOS® Color represents a high performance color scanning solution that is very fast, very accurate, and very easy-to-use.
New TRIOS® Pod configuration option also presented
3Shape’s new TRIOS® Pod is a new configuration solution and an alternative to the TRIOS® cart. It enables scanning with the TRIOS® handheld scanner and software using selected laptop PCs. The solution offers a high degree of mobility and flexibility for dentists working in multiple locations or for clinics with limited space. The TRIOS® Pod lets users control scanning from an iPad or mirror the 3D view on other displays in the clinic such as monitors integrated in the chair.
A wide and flexible range of solutions for clinics
With the addition of TRIOS® Color and the TRIOS® Pod configuration option, 3Shape can now offer 4 different solutions for clinics.
- TRIOS® Color Cart
- TRIOS® Standard Cart
- TRIOS® Color POD
- TRIOS® Standard POD
Additional 2013 developments to 3Shape’s TRIOS® solution
At IDS 2013, 3Shape is also showcasing additional developments that apply to both TRIOS® Color and TRIOS® standard digital-impression solutions. Many new features, such as boosted scan speed, are software related, and will be automatically provided to existing TRIOS® users as a part of their subscription.
- Now 40% faster – The TRIOS® Ultrafast Optical Sectioning™ software has been optimized for even faster impression capture.
- New tip with anti-mist heater - automatically ensures an optimal temperature for undistorted and crystal clear scanning.
- Add a pre-preparation scan - Users create and attach a pre-preparation scan that labs can use as guidance for designing restorations that resemble the patient’s original teeth.
- Post and Core restorations - TRIOS® is optimized for Post and Core scanning in which high accuracy and reliable depth capture are especially critical.
- TRIOS for Orthodontics - captures full arches and the occlusal situation as input for digital study models, treatment planning, and appliance design. TRIOS® for Orthodontics includes 3Shape Ortho Analyzer ™ software allowing clinics to perform treatment simulations, virtual setups, and analyses on the scanned model.
3Shape is displaying and demonstrating both TRIOS® Color and TRIOS® Standard solutions as well as the new TRIOS® Pod solution at IDS 2013, Hall 4,2 booth N090. After IDS, information about 3Shape TRIOS® solutions can be obtained through 3Shape resellers.