3Shape Dental System 2012 - Closing-in on complete digital dentistry
Unlike other CAD systems on the market, Dental System™ 2012 provides features and digital methods for improving efficiency throughout all phases of dental treatment, starting fromthe digital intraoral impression scanned at the dentist's clinic and continuing all the way to manufacturing.
Dental System 2012 contains many features and tools designed for helping labs help their dentists. Dental System 2012 enables labs to develop their business towards becoming service centers for dentists, for attracting new clients and increasing customer loyalty. As a central part of this strategy, 3Shape Dental System 2012 contains features and workflows that touch on all steps of dentistry.
Here are some of the main new features:
- Labs using Dental System™ can receive TRIOS® digital impression scans or 3rd party intraoral scans (SironaCerec, iTero) from the dentist's clinic directly into their Dental System Inbox™ and immediately start the design process.
- With the new Model Builder™ software the lab can design models in-house or locally using the digital impression, fully prepared for optimized output on 3D printers or milling machines. The new software also enables the creation of Implant Models and supports validated 3rd party digital impression scans such as Sirona Cerec and iTero
- The Digital Temporaries feature enables labs to digitally design and produce Temporaries as a new service for dentists - directly from the pre-preparation scan and without ever pouring a gypsum model
- Labs can additionally prepare highly esthetic Virtual Diagnostic Wax-ups to send to the clinic for accurate design dentist-patient previewsbefore the patient's teeth are even prepared.
- 3Shape Communicate™ enables easy lab-dentist cooperation during all steps of the case. Labs can send their virtual diagnostic wax-ups online for dentist-patient previews. These designs can be reused when designing the final crown, saving time and ensuring high esthetics and quality.
- 3Shape's CAMbridge™ software automatically prepares digital designs for manufacturing, and Dental System™ supports essentially all materials and manufacturing equipment.