Trios Self Fix
Dear TRIOS users,
We are getting reports from few users experiencing issues with TRIOS Insane Speed scan functionality when they upgrade their Windows to Windows 10 Creators Edition.
The upgrade introduces compatibility issues in drivers that are not a part of TRIOS software, yet the TRIOS insane Speed depends on them.
We strongly advise users NOT to upgrade their windows until we have permanently resolved the issue.
NOTE THAT THE ISSUE:
- Only affects Insane Mode – you can still scan using the classic scanning mode;
- Only affects Windows 10 users who have upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Edition.
FOR AN IMMEDIATE FIX:
- Users should not install Creators Update, if they are prompted to do so
- If you have installed Windows 10 Creators Edition, cannot scan, and get the error message (see screen shot below), simply click “close program”, restart your TRIOS and then disable Insane Mode in the settings to activate classic mode. See the screen shot below showing how to disable Insane Mode.
- An Install patch to the TRIOS 1.4 version (220.127.116.11) will be available in the middle of next week.
To switch from Insane Mode to the classic scanning mode:
- Select Configure;
- Select Scan;
- Disable “Insane Mode” ;
- Restart the application when prompted.